Friday, November 6, 2009

Another end to another week

The newsroom is relatively quiet this afternoon. Editor took the day off, one writer left early, and the rest of us are just looking to knock out a few interviews before heading to our respective homes/bars/breweries early. I'm thinking it's another four o'clock day.

I spent my morning reworking draft one of my upcoming feature for Headwall Magazine. For those of you out-of-the-know, my paper launched a quarterly outdoors mag in May. Issue four hits stands in December, followed by a spring edition with yours truly. But I've said all this before. In fact, I think I said something about it a few days ago. Guess I'm suffering early onset senility. Fuck.

Received some interesting news this afternoon. The Society of Environmental Journalists invited me to join a 20-member panel this month to plan their 2010 Northwest Regional Conference. We're appointed to discuss the conference theme, as well as potential guest speakers. Not sure where they got my name, other than I'm one of SEJ's thousands of members. But it sounds like a blast, certainly a great excuse to skip an afternoon at work.

Until later, folks.

No comments: